Sunday, December 6, 2015

Rode Tails Dedication

Sorry for the time lapse. Mayo gave me a new liver and I've been recuperating. Not back to 100% yet, but rebounding in record time.

I've been busy lately editing and publishing my Road Tales series of semi-autobiographical books. They are available on Amazon.

The three books, subtitled Rode Tails, Rocky Rhodes, and Rode Hard, chronicle my incubation and rise in the entertainment industry. They are raw, unabashed looks into the life of a musician on the road. Musicians that read this series see themselves in every book.

See, it isn't just my story, it is the common story of entertainers that make their live on the road.

Rode Tails starts with my birth in 1953 in a chapter titled Emergence. My writing probably breaks most or all of the rules of writing. I insist that I must tell the story on my terms to make it real.

Here is the dedication from Rode Tails:

Dedication

To Oscar Deutsch, The Queen of the North End, for being a great friend and shining example of what it means to be an entertainer,

To Ken Kesey, Lawrence Ferlinghetti, and Mike McClure for their inspiration, mentorship, encouragement, and support,
To Dr. Don Jordan for his friendship, inspiration, guidance, and general all-around craziness, 

To my sons Rob, Jeremy, James, and Erik, daughter Jessica, and grandsons Sage, Auggie, and Apollo who provide the greatest joy in my life. (Don’t let the grandkids read this book until they’re old enough),

To Spring Blackwater, the medicine woman with a timeless soul, who has given me two wonderful, strong grandsons and made my eldest son as happy as a man can be,

To the denizens of North End, my Ojibwa brothers and sisters,

To my Lakota Sioux brothers and sisters on Pine Ridge Res,

To my Ojibwa brothers and sisters on Red Cliff Res,


To Wanda Boudreaux for her eternal inspiration, unconditional love, a lifetime of understanding, counseling, undying friendship, being the best female blues singer I’ve ever worked with, and a million other reasons too numerous to list.  

No comments:

Post a Comment