Friday, December 11, 2015

Road Tales - Behind the scenes

I decided on the novel format so that I wouldn't embarrass folks that I've known. And also so I wouldn't get sued.

All of the characters are based on real people. Sometimes I consolidated several people into a single character. That makes it easier for the reader and the writer.

The decade that began in 1965 was the greatest period in musical history. In the '60's came an explosion of creativity and expression unlike anything before or since. Experimentation was encouraged with amazing results by companies like Electra Records. Blues grew into a recognized art form through groups like The Doors and Paul Butterfield's Blues Band. Players like Mike Bloomfield stretched the limits guitar picking. Of course, Jimi Hendrix was the undeniable innovator of modern rock & roll.

The folks that I played with, famous and not, were sincerely searching for their own voice, to express their pain and hopes. It was a glorious time for music. I am so glad that I grew up during that time.

No comments:

Post a Comment