Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Delaney & Bonnie

Delaney Bramlett was one of the most influential composers and performers of our generation. We all owe him a large debt of gratitude. I've been reviewing his work lately. It has brought me back to a wonderful age in my life, my teens.
Delaney & Bonnie had a big influence upon me particularly. I have to admit that I had a major crush on Bonnie. She was the epitome of a girl friend: hot chick with a great voice. I talked about her so much that my girlfriend Patty O'Leary got jealous. "If you like her so much maybe you should be dating HER."
"Um, she's married."
"Like that would matter to you."
"To Delaney Bramlett. I've got nothing compared to that cat."
We had that conversation more times than you would expect.
This video is from a tribute to Robert Johnson that D&B did. Eric Clapton plays a subdued role  It is clear that even Eric was in awe of Delaney's talents. Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AatumCGNAM8

No comments:

Post a Comment