Wednesday, December 23, 2015

I love the rain

Cloudy day, shiny day, overcast day, beautiful day. I see them all as beautiful. I love rainy days. Great sleeping weather. Love walking out into the rain. Feeling the cool liquid showering my face.

I am always puzzled by people who say that it's a "crappy day out there" because clouds are bringing rain. "Yes, beautiful, isn't it?" is my general response.

It seems counter-intuitive to curse the rain. Rain is life. Without rain we would cease to exist in a very short time. As Bap Kennedy sings, "Shout all you want, it doesn't matter. Don't you know that I am mostly water."

It is a fact that 65% of our body is liquid. Blood, adrenal, spinal. Without water we die within a week to ten days. Dehydration kills.

Thus, cursing the rain amounts to wishing your own death.

Celebrate the rain. Enjoy the blessing of life that falls from above.

I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment